(Via the Detroit Free Press)
It’s time to vote for the Detroit Free Press high school girl’s basketball player of the week, presented by Detroit Area Honda Dealers.
Here are the nominees, selected from Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston and Washtenaw counties, and include a player from Taylor High School. Voting runs through Thursday at 1 p.m. Once a player has won the honor, she is not eligible to win/be nominated for the rest of the season:
- TaNeicea Burleigh, Taylor: Averaged 20 points for the Griffins in wins over Dearborn Edsel Ford and Allen Park.
- Lucy Cronin, South Lyon East: Scored 17.5 points per game in victories over Waterford Kettering and Walled Lake Western.
- Kailee Davis, Detroit Renaissance: Scored 19 in the PSL semifinals against Detroit Mumford, then dropped 34 (including seven 3-pointers) in the PSL championship victory over Detroit Cass Tech.
- Jena Maniaci, Lutheran Northwest: Averaged 15 points and 11 rebounds in wins over Clarkston Everest and Detroit Country Day.
- Whitney Sollom, Hartland: Picked up a pair of double-doubles (12.5 PPG, 11 RPG) in victories over Northville and Canton.